My Healthy Hair Journey
Hey there, my fellow beauty enthusiasts! Today, I am elated to share with you a unique and luxurious hair washing routine that I have tried and tested. This 11-step hair wash routine is perfect for those who want to give their hair the TLC that it deserves. Whether you are someone who has been struggling with dryness, breakage, or hair fall, this routine is bound to leave your hair feeling soft, shiny, and healthy. Let’s delve into the world of hair care and explore each step in detail!
1. Rosemary Oil: To start things off, I use the Mielle brand of rosemary oil, you can find it here under the hair photo!
Rosemary oil has been known for ages for its hair growth properties and helps to stimulate the scalp. Take a generous amount of rosemary oil and apply it onto your scalp, gently massaging it into your roots. Rosemary oil is great for those who struggle with hair loss, breakage, or dandruff.
2. Castor Oil: Next, I apply 100% cold-pressed castor oil onto my scalp with a dropper. Castor oil has been known for its “magical” properties that help to thicken and strengthen hair. A few drops of castor oil massaged into your roots can work wonders.
3. Scalp Massage: I use my fingers or a scalp massager to massage my scalp gently for about 5 minutes. A scalp massage helps to increase blood flow to the scalp, which in turn, promotes hair growth.
4. OGX Coconut Miracle Oil: After massaging my scalp, I apply a generous amount of OGX Coconut Miracle Oil onto the lengths and ends of my hair. Coconut oil is great for nourishing the hair and preventing dryness.
5. Hair Tie: Use a swim scrunchie or a soft hair tie to tie your hair into a bun. This is a crucial step to keep your hair in place and prevent any oil or product from dripping.
6. Cling Wrap: This step may sound a bit offbeat, but trust me, it works wonders. Cover your entire head with cling wrap. This helps to seal in the products and uses your body heat to heat up the product for extra penetration. I always finish it off with a towel on top.
7. Shampoo: This step is crucial and something that should never be skipped! Use a shampoo (clarifying or regular) twice to get rid of all the oils and products on your scalp. The second lather should create a ton of suds, which means you’ve gotten rid of all the oils.
8. Conditioner: Use a nourishing conditioner that suits your hair type. Apply it to the lengths and ends of your hair, avoiding the scalp.
9. Hair Mask: For this step, talk to your hair stylist and ask for the best hair mask for your hair type. The OGX Coconut Miracle Mask is great for all hair types and is my current go-to. Apply it generously and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes. Rinse well.
10. Air Dry: Allow your hair to air dry until it’s about 70-80% dry.
11. Blow Dry and Style: Finally, blow dry and style your hair as desired.
You can find a list of all the products I use on my Amazon storefront, https://amzn.to/3Xwek5A
There you have it, my fellow beauty enthusiasts – an 11-step hair wash routine to give your hair the TLC that it deserves. This routine may sound like a lot of work, but trust me, it’s worth the effort. With a little bit of love and care, you can have healthy, shiny, and luscious locks. Happy hair care, my friends!